Sunday, July 31, 2005

Zines and things

Yesterday was quite good. I went to work and it was good. I was busy spoke with a lot of people. I really like working there. I like the people I work with, public included and my boss is really - well I can not speak more highly of a person.
He's fantastic. Just wonderful.
I actually want to work and make him money. I don't mind doing overtime and not being paid for it. Yesterday I worked over 15 min and he paid me for it!! I'm not use to that! 20 min if justified, half and hour definitely but 15 min? I felt kinda bad taking his money. Althea I said "Are you sure??"
Yea him!
...
...
Just got off the phone.
The conversation makes me think about how jealously can take over a persons mind.
Isn't acceptance better?
Divorce is difficult for both parties involved but in two cases I have seen jealously from the ex wife, using the children and it's the ex husbands who have to suffer.
It's not fair. Both ex husbands have moved on and got understanding girlfriends who are now the source of jealously for the ex wife. Make sense?
It's just pathetic how an outsider can see the impact of what they are doing to there children but they can't see through the jealously hence can't see the impact of their actions on their children.
And they wonder why some kids have problems?
One woman is refusing her kids (who ADORE their father) to call him.
What the hell is that! An outside view. I think she can't stand /hates the fact that the 12 year old would prefer to live with his Dad rather then her. The other child I think feels the same way but is the one being torn between the two of them.
Sad really.
Moving on.
I've almost finished a song. It's ok considering it's the first one that I have sorta liked.
I played it to Goosey and she liked it.( but she'd like it if it was crap - she's really supportive like that, God love her!)
I've brought stuff for the zine I'm going to make. I need a name for it.
I've also been working on what I will put in it.
This song I've got, a couple of poems, a short story and maybe a few bits and pieces I wrote ages ago. Debating if I should put in anything from my diary/blog. Doubt it. I think it's all kinda boring. Unless I spruce it up a bit...te he heh Make an interesting short story on it.
Hmm... Name for the front cover. Design for the front cover. It's got to be eye catching. It's got to be remembered. I think this because I remember picking up this one persons zine because it had a cute photo of them in kinda, another one I remembered was because of it's interesting content. It was varied, sexual in bits but not overdone and had meaning to the person. I think something people can relate to.
Hairdressing? Things that people will say and the meanings to what hairdressers say.
eg.
client:How's the color?
Apprentice: "Yeah, really nice, I'm just going to put this toner on..."
Meaning: Oh MY GOD! Does Violet remove orange???

Client: I only want a trim just to get the dead ends off
apprentice: Yeah, sure
meaning: Four inches should do it.

Maybe stuff like that.
Hmmm.... We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home