Friday, July 29, 2005

The real world

I've just been looking at the writers festival in Sydney. I really liked the one hear in Melbourne... I'm thinking about making the trip to Sydney... Providing money and time...
In my spare time I've been writing - lyrics, making up melody's,zine thinking,
career thinking. I've got an interview next Thursday. Not for real estate. Reception in a Hairdressing College. I don't mind it, but I don't really want to work in a salon. Works work I guess for now and I need the money.
Overload festival is starting next Friday. Should be good.
I was sooo tired today. I think I need to catch up on some sleep.
I had an interesting conversation on Wednesday. Religion. Then again today.
I hate those narrow minded people who give Christians a bad name.
The ones who I guess non Christians think about the typical "Christian".
This person I was talking to was saying how he pretty much got out of it because he felt the whole guilt thing when he was doing the "wrong" things. Like shagging your girlfriend/boyfriend. That's a valid point. The next was homophobia thing. Not accepting it and not allowing these people into the church. I know. It happens.
I am a Christian BUT I just have different ideas. In saying this I drink, go to clubs, My friends gay... I guess you could say I'm open minded.
As a friend once said "I try to live as an example but I fall. Jesus died on the cross for our sins, No ones perfect."
Oh no! Now I'm sounding like one of those pain in the ass bible bashers!
Moving on.
My friend Maria who recently moved into the country, she hit a Kangaroo on her way to work! The little bugger did $2800 damage! Lucky it was small, those big reds can actually kill you given if they go through your winscreen. Has happened.
It's also happened with a stray horse that got out onto the highway once. Scary.
They are a real pain.
Gotta go and get some sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home