Friday, May 19, 2006

Permanant position...

So I had to go into work today and have a general meeting.
It’s my day off but oh well.
I was pulled aside by Gabberilla and she said “I just want to have a quick word”
Oh no – I thought “Is this going to be bad?” (I had to know)
“No,no – Your doing a good job even Sue said you are, and that’s good coming from her -We were wondering if you wanted to go on to full time permanent?”
“Oh! – really? – um – It’s less money isn’t it?”
“Not by much and you get holiday pay, sick leave”
“Yeah but I don’t like to use that”
“I know”
I explained how I need Fridays off and how I get tired.
“We can try and work around that – do you want to think about it?”
“Yeah, I’ll think about it and get back to you”
So I thought about it. It’s a permeant position. Stability. Holiday pay.
The hours are great I like finishing in the afternoon…
I like what I’m doing….
I like the people I work with…
I get really tired by the third day… then I need a day off.
I could still pick up a shift on a Saturday…
Really – I think God is saying take it. It just seems like it’s something I should do.
Another good thing is that I could finally get myself into a routine. I felt myself getting into it this week. The only thing I think is that I do end up going to bed at 7pm. It feels like 11pm.
I’ll take it. There are so many positives and I like it :)
Then I went into the other meeting with everyone else.
I was waiting for the topic of work wear to arise but it didn’t.
I think I was waiting for it because I get up at 5am and slip into my green comfy pants which have the really wide leg (or a skirt with tights) I wear my brown boots that are nicer then ug boots but look similar a red fluffy neck skivvy type thing with my pink jacket black fingerless gloves and shove a beanie or hat on my head to cover up that I haven’t done my hair and I wear no make up. I guess you can say I roll out of bed and make my way to work.
Nothing was said; it was a very positive meeting.
I’m glad I’ve made up my mind. I feel more positive about it.
I’ll be able to get into a routine as for my social life – well - since I got sick it’s been non-existent so I guess that won’t change.
I’ll probably will have to stop or change small groups, I like the one I’m in but – oh well.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

congras on the job offer!

3:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home