Tuesday, February 28, 2006

I Got through the day - Praise GOD!!!!!

Praise god! I got through today.
I won't go into great detail but as a summery. The woman who sits behind me made it clear to me today that she doesn't
A) like me
B) want's me to work with the company.
I was FUMING!!! but managed to keep my mouth shut. I went and saw Mk (my hairdressing boss) during my lunch break. I needed some advice and to talk.
Luckly he wasn't to busy and took time out to talk to me.
In the end I walked away with a smile on my face.
She doesn't want me to stay. Well as Mk said, Make it clear that you want to stay for the long run and look forward to the future in the company. That will really get her. "don't give her the satisfaction of quitting."
So I did just that.
I will stay till the end of June - Maybe.
Then I can organise the big event of 5000 people and it will look good on my resume.
I will keep a look out for different work till then and if something really good comes up then i'll take it. I'll keep all my options open.
I really want to go overseas. Travell, experence something different. So as long as I can keep going till the end of the year i'll be ok.
It's not that long and a new guy starts tomorrow then a couple of new people after that.
New faces, this can cause my life to beccome hell because the woman who sits behind me will go on a power trip and put me down in front of him and walk over me.
Why do I let her do it? Might you ask - because it's obvious that she is being awful. To everyone. I don't ark up and I don't cause her out bursts, she just has a vandetta against me. I think now, If I can walk away with pride in myself for not arking up and sticking to my professional job then I will walk away the better person because I have not come down to her level.

On a lighter note, I was complemented on my phone manner, by one of the people who called in. He praised me to this old guy who works out of our office. He told me and I know the woman heard him, I thanked him because he said I was good too.
It's nice to be praised - I think he sees what goes on.
He's in his 60's but he's a nice guy.

I feel better tonight then I did last night.
My boss finallly had a meeting with me and reconised that I was sick and understood.
Just to hear that she RECONISED that I was sick was a big leap for me.
Considering that she hasn't even said anything in my direction.
It's just nice to be understood.
So I lasted the whole day and feel better that I did - In the end.

If I can walk away knowing that people care and understand me at the end of the day it makes me smile.
People, being my friends - the ones who have taken the time to know me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home