Sunday, November 13, 2005

Last night

What a roller coaster yesterday was.
Happy at work,Anxious,stressed,Anxious, Teary, Teary and this is BEFORE I even went to the reception!!!
I ended up wearing my boots, brown sude skirt, white shirt with a red singlet top underneath and my hair up with a few poppys in it.
I felt nice.
I walked in with confidence.
I looked around and didn't know anyone.
This isn't a problem for me. My brother by chance is at the table getting food with in arms distance.
"oi" I touched him on the arm.
He spins around (paranoia)looks at me and hisses
"Put your dog in car"
"No."
He turns and walks off and that's all we said to eachother.
I see my Uncle who is now in a wheel chair, I speak to him for a bit and then my other Uncle sees me and does the introduction to about three people two from a distance. He shows me my cousin - his son Jas. We chat for a little bit then I make my way around asking people how they fit into the family equasion.
So I see heaps of people I haven't seen since I was about six or ten and blah blah blah.
I see this guy who looks around my age.
"Hey how ya goin"
"Good thanks,you?"
"Yeah ok, my names Kaz"
Shake hands
"Garter"
"Garter??"
We have a moment-
"Do you remember me?!"
He looks then his eyes light up
"Kaz!!! OMG! You have changed so much!!!"
"Yeah you too!"
Ten years ago he was at my Uncles house with his friend Simon.
We were just three teenagers flirting and talking as you do at that age.
Simon and I kept in contact for a little bit by letters and phone calls hence Garter usually was on the phone to.It was just teenage fun.
Garter has grown up into quite a strapping young man ;)
Yeah - I half checked him out before I realize who he was.
So we ended up talking and dancing. Thank God for him.
My father is a dick.
I caught the brides bouque and he yells out "That's going to make me broke!"
I roll my eyes and shake my head while laughing because Garter had just caught the Garter belt thrown.Everyone knew the situation with Father and myself that's why it was a really irrelevant thing to say.
Idiot.

For the rest of the night Garters mum kept calling me her daughter in Law and insisting on us having photos together. We just laughed about it.

The end of the night and we sit out the front on the fence talking. We kiss(cheek) goodbye
"can I have your number?" he holds his phone to me
"Yeah,we can catch up for a drink when your in the city"
"yeah we could go out to dinner" I smile as I give him my phone number.
"This feels wrong - you feel like a cousin!"
"But I'm not" He smiles.
He's my cousins cousin if that makes sense.
We have the same Uncle by marriage.
I get in the car
"call me and let me know that you got home ok"
"Ok - that Garter looks really good on you!" looking at his leg he had put the garter belt over his pants -
"Those flowers make you look sexy"
Huh? - I laugh and he gets a look on his face like - Oh why did I say that??!
"I'll call you tomorrow"
Still smiling I say"Ok"

I did call him when I got home.
I didn't think he would call today. I was right. I didn't really care either way really.

Jack has fallen off the planet.
Hmm.

I have finally stopped after two weeks of work. My legs are tired my feet are sore and I need sleep.
Even today my day off I had to mow the lawns, pull out weeds, edge the lawn, nail back on boards that had fallen off the shed, walk Damon, take him to the vets to get his stiches taken out from ten days ago, I did three loads of washing,cleaned my room,stripped my bed washed all the sheets,did the shopping and brought a CD and finally managed to play Josh.

Now I'm tired.
And Damon has revived himself and wanted to play. Nah. No way.
I thought I wore him out on his walk!

What a boring post! I'm going to bed.


Now I might go to

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

I found it interesting, especially the part about your boots. Can you describe them in greater detail? :) This is a little joke well the part about the boots. May I ask you by email what happen between you and your dad? The reason I ask is i had a falling out with my father ... i blog it later.

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home