Monday, October 10, 2005

Hey back online

Well what a week!!!
Out of all the weeks not to post it had to be this one!! I did write in the old pen to paper - but this is different.
Hears a short run down.
(Just an observation - when I started blogging I wrote like a diary entrance. Now I write to people but still with my journal thoughts -make sense??)
Anyway it's been a roller coaster ride.
Monday - I started my new job.
That night I had a "Street works" meeting. Jack was there (as he is co coordinator) and about seven others, it was my second AGM and it was ok.

Tuesday - Small group, was a really thinking night and I'm really enjoying it.

Wednesday - I had street works
Thursday - I went to see Mr Philosopher and his friend doing a performance for the Melbourne Fringe festival - which was quite good :) I love his humor.

Friday - Jack drops a bombshell - he's resigning from "street works"!!!!!
We have a meeting about it and I feel scattered. Shocked. A little lost. A little sad. But I get over it. (Now I've got used to the idea)
Go back to the second show and Video Mr Philosopher (not because he asked I figured how many times are him and his friend going to preform together and wouldn't it be nice for him to look back one day and maybe even show his kids) He might have others but what the hey!

Saturday - Go and see another show (which I met the performer Andrew on Friday) comedy which was different - maybe not exactly the comedy I'm into but it was good.
That night I "lost" my car. I thought it got towed! I parked in an area in not familiar with and I went to walk back to it and couldn't find it!
I got desperate and thought I'll ring Saint and see if he's around the area by any chance and he can tell me what to do. I have to admit I was SOOOO tired by Saturday night I felt a bit sick and I couldn't concentrate for more then five seconds. So it was no surprise that after about 15 or 20 minutes of me walking around the streets in skirt, boots a trip into a pub to get a cider and so that in hand I eventually found my car. Where was it?? I had walked past it but had looked the other way!!!LOL I looked into the restaurant which I had parked next to!!! I found it funny because it was just sooo dumb!! But I was REALLY REALLY tired and I'm hopeless when I'm tired!
I text saint not to worry and he was with Frank. I got a message back from Frank "You stupid Moron!!"
"GET LOST!!! ( I recommend Nth Melb)" :)
I then drove home through a red light and got flashed by a camera. Opps.
I'll be writing a letter to get out of that one.
It's debatable - I think.

Sunday - Go to another festival for "street works" and spend two hours manning a stall with two others. I ended up walking off and doing a bit more "out reach" as I like to call it - well that was for about the first half an hour the rest of the time I walked around and looked at stalls and watched the dog show which I then had a follow up visit to a puppy shop and an conversation with my mum telling me I'm not to buy a dog.
I know she's right but she's my concience and I knew I needed to be reminded.
After that I went to Bec's grave site and sat there for a bit. On Wednesday it will be three years since she died.
Then I went to Mons untill 6.30 and left there to go to the movies and watched a movie called Mother Teresa. It was the most moving, inspiring movie. By the end of it I had tears streaming down my face and was so touched.
I HIGHLY recommend it. I think it's classified as an art house movie.

So that has been my week. I have been soo happy.
Really content.
I felt a bit lost when Jack resigned. He's moved on to another job - which is good for him and he's still being used in a God pleasing way.

Works good. I don't like to say to much because last time I was starting to enjoy my job it ended!
But I'm plodding along and taking it in my stride.
Actually I'm at work now...It's 4.15pm and it's not too busy. I guess because it's a Monday.
Things at home have been ok, not to bad which makes me happy.
Speaking of being happy - I have been soooo happy!
I mean I've had moments but in general it's been really good.
I've been playing Josh and still writing. I want to start lessons but I might wait a bit.
On nice days I'm walking to and from work. It's nice in the sunshine. I'm going to a roller hockey practise meet on Wednesday. Should be interesting.
I've wanted to do that on Ice but there's not enough arenas.
I enjoy roller blading so I'll see what happens.

I have caught up on the week of my blogging fave's and I think to myself Sara gets alot of comments on her blog - heaps. How? She seems to post photos of her chest and legs... Hey good for her she looks great - However I can't see myself doing that :)) !!!

Tonight I'm going to Elliotts. He's tightening the fan belt in my car and I'll give him a massage as his shoulder is really sore.

That's what I would LOVE right now. I've been hangging out for one. A massage my back, shoulders and neck.
Ohhh a massage - See I can actually do a proper massage as I did a short course on it. So I really like it when someone can actually know what they are doing instead of doing the old slight rub on back thing.

After watching Mother Teresa a few things stuck in my mind.
One thing was "It's better to love then be loved"
"It's better to give, then it is to receive"
I'm going to watch it again and take down a few quotes. It really was an amazing movie. It got me back to the basic things in life. Simple things.

I've started my saving for a conteki tour next year. It could all go bust but at least I'll try.
Christmas is just around the corner and this year I'm going to do the home made gifts again. I like it and it makes things so much more personal.

Well that's my week I better go and do some work to finish up the day.
I'll do another smaller post tonight. :))))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home