Sunday, March 27, 2005

Only the lonely

I have just come back from a rather nice night out with my mum and her friend Jim.
Now Jim and her are just friends but he's as keen as a dog on heat. The thing is his really quite nice too. It's funny seeing him dish out complements to my mum.
She gave me a few looks and a swift kick under the table when she thought I was saying to much but hey - She needed the talk and get me going and I don't shut up.
Jims a lonely widow of eleven years and it's nice to see that he thinks the world of mum and tells her so. He's desperate to take her out and do things with her so this is where I com in. Looks like were all going for a night out in the city.
It will be fun. I mean, I'll grab a friend, bring them along and that takes the pressure off mum.
My mum is always "busy". It's such an excuse. I think if she gave any guy half the chance she'll actually enjoy herself. She tends to cut them off at the knees before they even open the door.
there's something to be said for a guy who tells a woman how nice she looks when she's in an old gray polar top and jeans. No make up and a brush just quickly run through her hair.
Altho she did have a glow about her...
I think it would be nice. I think she has to just give the guy a break.
It was her idea to go and see him and just a little idea of mine to invite him out for dinner. She went along with it.
Mum and I went out for a walk along the river before hand and it was quite pritty.
The country is ok for the day but I have a feeling that I'll be leaving early Tuesday morning.
Gee. What would it be like to be living by yourself for eleven years? Ok, I'm guessing if you like your own company but awful if you are lonely.
Funny. One of our conversations today was that I find it hard to see myself raising a family with a husband. I mean, I'm sure it can be done but I can't picture it.
My mum raised us alone so I don't really know how it could be done.
I mean, I know what I would expect but I just can't picture it. Doing it alone is what I know.
oh well, time will tell on that one.
I haven't spoken to Steelo for over a week yet I think about him but never get the chance to call before it gets to late at night.
I heard a phrase called "Dutch courage" you know when you have a few beers and you start to talk - and talk and talk. Some which is true and some of which is utter babble. I have been thinking of this Dutch courage and I smile as I recall the ONLY time I have ever made a drunk phone call was to a guy I liked and I left four messages on his answering service on his phone all of which told him how I thought he was pritty much the best thing since sliced bread. The days that followed I was only to be told that I actually left FIVE messages - and to tell you the truth I remember only four but I still can't remember what exactly I said. I do remember trying to get my point across that I thought he was worth it and when another drunk friend leaned over me and whispered /(shouted) "Tell him you love him!"
Yep, Dutch courage alright but at the time I ment what I was saying.I was rather embarrassed but I still today wouldn't take any of it back.
This is my thoughts. Should everything just get brushed off when "Dutch courage" kicks in and be taken that they don't mean a word of it or should it have truth in it in which should just be keep in storage and only ever to be revealed the next time or when the right moment comes along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home