Thursday, March 03, 2005

Trials and busy days

I'm not sure that I have done the right thing putting my overseas journal on blogspot. Well it's done and I'm thinking I'll delete it at the end of the week.
I'm thinking I'm becoming to much of an open book.
When writing it I did think I was going to give it to my best friends to read any how.
But it's like this, you tend to forget that you can't put every thought on the blog and you end up almost doing so.
Well you do, but then you think who cares.
Last night was good out on street.
Jack seemed a little - different, The "streeties" were great but I'm told to remember back to what I wore last week, I'm thinking it was a hot night but I had on a jacket and under that a black singlet top ( not a revealing one) and under that I had on my bikini top. You could just see the blue straps around my neck but supposedly that's enough to get a young male and old turning nothing into something.
In the first ten minutes all Jason talked about was how he preferred last weeks fashion and if I could wear it again sometime? Huh?
I wasn't aware that even a scratch on your arm could be considered as a come on of some type. So I made sure that he wasn't oggling at any covered part of me but a strange feeling like he's eyes were undressing me, made me ditch him and I walked off.
He's a little strange, I think he's just socially inapt.
I worked today 9.30 am till what was ment to be 12.30pm. So I had it all worked out I'd come home have a sleep, shower, put effort into my hair and make up, have lunch,pick out nice clothes and leave myself 50 minutes to get there. Well. That didn't happen. My boss asked me if I could stay till 2 pm She had work for me . I need the money and I like it there so I thought - I'll skip the nap.
1.30pm came and there's a phone call. The other girl I work with isn't coming in her boyfriend was involved in a car accident. I'm upset for her and really hope he's ok. Our problem was she was booked out tonight.
"Kaz, could you work tonight?"
I don't know I have my trial tonight.."
"Can you check and see if you can?"
"ok"
So I ring the other salon and turns out I've got a couple of cuts and a color booked in. So I need to go in.
"Sorry I can't stay"
"how long can you stay till?"
"Ar - 3ee I guess..."
"Oh, that would be wonderful, thank you"
2.30 comes I've had about 5 minutes to eat some lunch, I go and get it from coles supermarket and I stand in a line but then change to a less line and figure that I'll get through quicker because there's only one person in front of me. WRONG> The check out chic is so bloody slow,talking and STOPPING what she's doing to actually talk some crap to this woman in front of me!!! I'm looking at her like - come on!!
By this point I'm debating to ditch my lunch and go back to work but no I can't I'm hungry. She finally gets to me
"Hi, how are you today" - the usual banta.
"In a hurry" I say a little more on the annoyed side.
"Have you been busy today?"
" -Yeah, I have been today" changing my tune. - oh crap. I'm wearing my Salon top which has where I work on it spread all over it with HAIR TEAM smacked on the back of it. In HUGE lettering. I cringe inside. Smile, "see ya later"
Oh crap I forgot about that. Not only does it say where I work but also what I do. Argh. Back in salon.
"Kaz, can you roll this perm then after that you can go"
I looked at it, this pedantic little lady.
All the time, from 2 pm I'm going over in my mind what part I'm skipping in my becoming stress to get ready for my trial.
So it's 2.40pm and I'm winding this perm which usually takes me a good 45 to 50 min to wind cos we don't do a lot of them so I haven't got my time up.
So I'm looking at this head and I get to work. Half and hour she's wound and I'm off and running through the shopping center like someone who's just nicked a bag or something it's now ten past three and traffic is building.
So I'm running through the center not to, to fast but I'm dodging a couple of people.
I get to the escalator -"Excuse me " I say as I'm hurrying past.
They weren't in the way, I was just being polite because I was hurrying past.
Ok - maybe running/jogging past - but not to fast! Anyway I don't think they were to impressed,"Excuse me"
"ARGH!!"
A stupid old lady cried! Well she wasn't that old maybe 70..
I'm thinking - Oh whatever! I didn't touch her,stupid,no need to scream.
"Hair Team"
Oh shit, I feel my top,look down and yes I ran out forgetting to put on my jumper. Oh, crap I'm walking / running publicity for my work and I'm giving people bad feelings towards me. Oh, no.
Now I'm late. There's no time to shower so a quick splash of water on my face,grabbed a banana and make up bag ran out of the house and did my hair and make up in the car, got a good run with the traffic lights, I called to say I was going to be a little late but 4.32pm and I'm walking in to the next salon.
To my surprise when I rang she was really good about it all. She actually was impressed and liked the fact that I helped out my boss and that I was still coming in to her salon! So even that I probably didn't look 100% like I wanted to she still liked me and by the end of the night she asked if I could come in for a weeks trial.
So it's a positive step and the place and environment was really warm and welcoming and everyone was really nice. The other girl woman who works there travels one hour and fifteen min to get to work! So something has got to be good to keep her traveling in that far.
I figure if God wants it to happen, it will.
Steelo messaged me tonight. Nice.
We chatted and were going out tomorrow night. He mentioned me coming to see him in Sydney - I'm thinking he kinda likes me... hmmm.
I don't know if I can figure it out. Why?
oh well.
Tessa (my cat) is crying to get out, but all she wants to do is go and act all big to the cat next door. It's funny she just stands there and screams! She's getting guts in her older age :-) She's so cute! The scream just gets louder and louder but she doesn't move!
I got Ben lee's album on CD really good.
Guitars going well, still a long way off playing in front of anyone but - ya get that :-) It's fun.
My brother's been away all week and I'm so much happier and relaxed! I wish it was like this all the time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home