Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Bring on overload!!!

Ok, so I've been pretty busy with stuff. What stuff? Well, I have been going to the overload poetry festival and having a ball doing so. The opening night Goosey and I went along pub to pub listening to all sorts of poetry. One girls was really moving, she was doing a serious poem about her granfather being a Jew in a concentration camp. That stuff really touches me, she worded it so well.
I had a really long weekend. I started work early so I could finish early so that I could go to a zine fair. I got there and it had packed up an hour early.
I then made my way to gooseys and we played pool as I was filling in time because I was driving Mr Philosopher out to the sticks ( outer suburbs) to do a gig.
It was a good night, he was great and everyone loved him.
People were still telling me yesterday how they thought he was great.
Sunday I had to wake up at 5.50am and go and do hair.
It turned out really good and she was happy.
Because I was sooo tired it took twice as long to put it up but hey - ya get that.
I went to a workshop yesterday and walked out inspired.
For the first time in my life I played my guitar in front of 16 PEOPLE!!!
I was shaking so much I stuffed up the chords and it was scratchy because my fingers were not doing what they should be. But I went through with it and in the end one girl asked if we could work a little together, me put music to her poetry.
I was stunned as I think this girl is really talented and I'm crap. I told her I really don't know much and I have only been playing for 8 months.
She didn't care, Well she heard me! Also one of my poems was read out. That hadn't been done either - well since high school.
I went to another gig last night. I ended up going out again to another gig last night and heard some funny/serious/meaningful poetry and music.
I went to these things by myself and honestly I didn't mind a bit. I knew one of the performers and another woman who I met from the workshop.
I'm really enjoying myself at the moment.
Another thing I have finally finished a song!!!! Yea!!!!
It's extremely simple and a little boring but hey it's my first finished song.
There's another two being a working progress but yeah they're all that little girly crappy love songs.
Gotta start somewhere.
the next week and a half should be good.
I went for an interview last week and I really want the job, but I still haven't heard from them. They said that it would take two weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home