Sunday, March 25, 2007

3 days to go...

Well It’s Sunday and my car didn’t get sold so I’m taking it up with me.
I have to go and drop it off at the depo place this afternoon.
I packed the boot with all that I could.
Last Thursday I went out for dinner and just about everyone I invited came along.
I got extremely drunk and crapped on in my speech but I love it and everyone had a good time. That was Thursday. I had to still come into work on the Friday. I came in on time and I wasn’t too bad then about three hours later 9am I was going to the toilet contemplating chucking. I decided to go and get a couple of sandwiches. That perked me up a little.
Then they really surprised me, they put on an afternoon tea with nuts, rice crispies, dip and stuff that I eat because they usually just have cakes and I don’t eat it. They then brought out earrings, a pendant, photo album and then a HUGE bunch of flowers!
I was speechless!! (and hungover) The flowers were Yellow and red, they looked cheery and the head Boss (who knows me quite well) said “Aren’t they your type of flowers with the yellow paper too. They say what you are a little ray of sunshine” then the others laughed and agreed.
I was amazed how every one really cared and thought about me in such a happy way.
My manager said a nice speech and in the end of me working there we were getting along a lot better. When Nick left he bolted out the door and didn’t even say anything. Not even a general good bye. He’s obviously got the problem.
So that was Friday.
Then came my last working Saturday. I’m going to really miss them. Mk and Deb were so helpful in everyway possible. Mk was more then just my boss. He gave me advice, a shoulder to cry on and he showed me what a father should be like with his kids and partner. Deb was the same. She gave me a laugh many times and I’ll really miss them.
The other Deb2 too.
She’s a beautiful person and I’m really going to miss them all.
The thing is that I’m coming back for visits and for my best friends wedding in October, so I’ll still see them all.
I got a 4 page letter from on of the girls I work with, a massive card that everyone signed and wrote like a paragraph on. Mk, Deb & Deb gave me a gold necklace and a philosophy book on positive thinking. I haven’t looked at the cards I got just yet (I peaked at the big one) I read the first page of the letter and thought I’ll read the book I got and the rest on the plane.
Last night Sab sent me a text “I’m gonna marry u!”
I text back my first response “R u dunk??”
He replied with that he wasn’t he just had a great day at work and he was feeling good thinking about me.
Later when we were talking I said to him “ I think you love the thought of me rather then me” He said that that wasn’t true.
I’m worried that when I fall off that ped stool (which will happen) I just hope he handles it ok and continues to love me.
He keeps reassuring me that he’s not going anywhere but I’ve never lived with anyone full time except my brother and that stupid house mate that ended bad cos he
Turned into a stalker! Not to me but I saw him do it to his ex girlfriend. Weirdo.
Sab says that we’ll share all the chores. Making dinner and we’ll help each other.
I know it’s going to be hard and we will have disagreements but we’ll get over it together. It’s a partnership. I know one thing for sure and that is that I’ll never be the one doing everything. I’ve learnt from my mistakes and from my mums. But here’s the thing – Sab he’s not like anyone I have ever known.
I’m really wanting to get there see him be with him and start my life together.
Looks like I’m flying out on Wednesday :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Good luck and God bless, sounds as if you moved on from your cross roads of life

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home