Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Wrapping up the weekend

I'm not very impressed tonight.
In short, I have taken my car back to the mechanics Twice and now I have to take it back again! A THIRD time!!!! It costs me about $30 in fuel each time.
The woman at the counter looked at me today when I dropped off my car, this is the third time I've seen her. She's nice enough but now my paitence is running very low and I just want my car back to how it was BEFORE I gave it to them!
"How are you going to pay, today?"
I look at her.
"Pay? I'm not going to pay."
"Oh we just don't know what will have to be done to it until we have a look at it"
"I've never had any problems until I have got my car back from hear. Ever."
I'm just annoyed. It takes an hour and a half to get there and now I have to go back again! The speedo doesn't work!
That's my winge.
The winery tour on Sunday went well. A little of a stressed out start but ended up everyone having fun.
(OMG! MY brother is speaking utter crap and I am trying REALLY hard to keep my mouth shut and hence being nice. It's extremely testing when I'm already annoyed!)
We visited five wineryes. After the third I think we all were feeling the effects.
Sarah, Vincent and I went to a pub and kicked on afterwards.
I caught a cab home but had to get dropped off within a 20 minute walk. I was debating if I could do a runner but I had a vision my photo will be up at a police station or something but I thought about it and the stronger thought was that he will be out of pocket $30. Couldn't do it.
Hmmm...
Just HMMM.....
My lips are pursed. I'm annoyed.
Jack.
My car.
Jack.
Sigh.

I'm over it.

Something that makes me smile. Mr Philosopher. I saw him perform on Saturday night.
I enjoy watching him.
He was doing this launch for pretend paper
website.It was in a warehouse where some people lived.
There were about 80 or 90 people there. He started up and about 20 or so people were watching him. Others were talking and they just got louder the louder he played.
After about 10 or 15 minutes of this he unplugs his guitar and goes walk about down the other end where everyone wasn't watching him. It was quite funny because then some of the people at the front started to talk when he left.
About 30 or 40 people had there attention on him. He kept performing and he was doing random things like making different noises into the mic, imitating a little girl who took peoples attention away from him when she stood in the vacant space in front of him and did a little Jig. Because it was obvious that people looked at her he thought he would stop what he was doing and go get more attention that way. Thing is - it kinda worked!
By the end of his gig He had about 95% of peoples attention.
He's strip at the end with the dinosaur tail attached to his butt with these 80's style shorts on. He was very entertaining, He always gets a laugh.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

In America we have something called the lemon law, of course it applies to newly purchased cars - the law says if you buy a car (new or used) if it breaks down and they try to fix it they have three chances if after the 3rd attempt it's not fixed the owner is entitled to a ful lrefund for the car, the service visits and if time off of work had to be taken to get the car worked on.

1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home